Installing Skinr 2.x
The new hotness on the block is Skinr 2.x, a totally new version of the Skinr module written by our friends at Gravitek Labs. It’s still in development (pre-alpha), but represents a huge leap forward in functionality and usability. Please read and be aware of the caveats on the Skinr project page. Fusion does not require the 2.x version, but eventually will. As it stabilizes, you’ll probably want to upgrade to get access to all the new features, such as:
- Apply skins in draggable modal window
- Live preview of skins as you click to apply them
- Packaged skin support – we’re creating a repository of skin sets here on Fusion Drupal Themes that you can download and drop into your sites/all/skins folder and instantly use in any theme (some are Fusion-specific, but many will work in any theme)
- Better image previews of skins
- Page level styles – apply a style to your page’s <body>, optionally only to certain pages based on path
- Detailed documentation through Advanced Help
Skinr 2.x has a handful of dependencies which will take a few steps to install. We’ll go through them here.
Alternatively, grab a sandbox with Fusion and a free theme installed, which includes Skinr 2.x pre-configured and ready to go.
To install manually, you’ll need:
- jQuery Update - 2.x dev version
- jQuery UI
- Dialog API - 1.x dev version
- Skinr - 2.x dev version
Here’s a handy Drush command all on one line if that’s your thing:
drush dl ctools jquery_update-6.x-2.x-dev jquery_ui dialog-6.x-1.x-dev skinr-6.x-2.x-dev
Or via command line, navigate to your jquery_ui module directory and download:
wget http://jquery-ui.googlecode.com/files/jquery-ui-1.7.2.zip unzip jquery-ui-1.7.2.zip mv jquery-ui-1.7.2 jquery.ui
Then enable the Ctools, jQuery Update, jQuery UI, Dialog, Skinr, and Skinr UI modules. Here’s the Drush command:
drush en ctools jquery_update jquery_ui dialog skinr skinr_ui
Make sure to run database updates by visiting your site’s update.php if you are upgrading from a previous version of Skinr.
Don’t forget to set Skinr permissions if you’re not uid1 or using something like Admin Role to do this automatically.
You should also disable the Fusion block admin links, since now Skinr comes with its own.
Welcome to the future of Skinr! Please help us test this module and report any issues in the Skinr queue.